Cool Down With Our Thai Iced Coffee Recipe - 5 Easy Steps!
June is the WARMEST period in Singapore, and what better way to cool yourself down than by indulging in a cup of deliciously rich and sweet Thai Iced Coffee (commonly known as Oliang). This simple recipe makes use of our Pangkhon coffee beans/pods that originated from the Chiangrai province in Northern Thailand for a true Thai taste. We've included instructions for users of Nespresso machines as well.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Ground Pangkhon Coffee or 2 Pangkhon Coffee Pods (Nespresso-compatible)
- 1-2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- Brew one cup of strong coffee using ground Pangkhon coffee with your preferred brew method. If using a Nespresso machine, use two Pangkhon coffee pods to brew one cup of coffee. We recommend brewing one capsule with espresso setting, and brew the second capsule with lungo setting to achieve a good balance between the coffee strength and water volume.
- Leave the coffee to cool for about 5-10 minutes
- Pour the coffee into a cup filled with ice
- Scoop up 1 tablespoon of condensed milk and drizzle it into the iced coffee. Stir and mix the condensed milk well. If the coffee is not sweet enough, add in another tablespoon of condensed milk and stir.
- Enjoy the smooth and rich taste of your Thai Iced Coffee by itself or with a light snack!
- If you’re feeling adventurous and want an even more authentic taste, mix in ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom to the ground coffee before brewing. Alternatively, you may also add in the ground cardamom directly into the hot brewed coffee. Cardamom is a strong and aromatic spice that adds a unique flavour to your iced coffee.
- To get a stronger cup of coffee, you can double the amount of ground coffee normally used.
- Thai Iced Coffee is usually brewed with a ‘coffee sock’ in Thailand, but you may use other brewing methods like the French Press to get a similar taste.
We have limited quantities of Pangkhon coffee left, so get it now at 20% off its usual price before it's too late!
Get your Pangkhon Coffee Beans for use in this recipe here
Grab a pack of our Nespresso-compatible Pangkhon Coffee Pods here.