How to get the Best Out of Your Nespresso Machine
Here at Medano Coffee, we drink lots of coffee freshly brewed from our Nespresso-compatible coffee pods every day, because we love the unique flavours of our Asian coffee. Over time, we have found ways to achieve better-tasting coffee, so here are some tips on how to get the best out of your Nespresso machine.
1. Flush out the old coffee grounds before use
Before using your machine, brew hot water by pressing either button without inserting a coffee pod. This helps to flush out the old residual coffee grounds from the machine so that the taste of your next cup of coffee is unaffected.
2. Adjust the amount of water used for the espresso or lungo setting
Find that the default espresso/lungo setting is too strong or weak for your taste? You can adjust the amount of water used for each setting! Just follow these instructions:
- Place your cup at the coffee outlet and insert a coffee pod
- Press and hold either the espresso or lungo button until the desired amount of brewed coffee is reached
- Your machine will be programmed to use the new adjusted water setting from now on
If you decide to restore your settings back to the default factory settings, simply do the following:
- Nespresso Pixie/Citiz/Essenza : Turn off your machine, then hold down the lungo button while turning the machine on
- Nespresso Inissia : Turn off your machine, hold the lungo button for 5 seconds, the buttons will flash rapidly 3 times to indicate that settings have been restored
- Nespresso Lattissima : Turn on your machine, hold the power button for 5 seconds, the buttons will flash rapidly 3 times to indicate that settings have been restored
3. Descale and clean your machine regularly
It is important to descale your Nespresso machine regularly as there will be a build-up of calcium and lime deposits in your machine over time. Descaling helps to remove these deposits, which will improve the taste of your coffee. For instructions on how to descale, do refer to your machine's manual. It is recommended to descale your machine at least once a year.
Besides descaling, make sure to clean your machine regularly to avoid bacteria build up. Discard the used capsules from the capsule container and empty the drip tray daily. Don’t forget to wipe the exterior of your machine as well!
4. Try out coffee pods from different brands
Don’t be afraid to try out different brands and flavours of coffee for your Nespresso machine, there are so many options to choose from! For example, we offer Nespresso-compatible coffee pods made with 100% Arabica single-origin coffee beans sourced from Asia. Try our Gayo coffee for a fragrant, aromatic cup of coffee with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and cedar.
Try our Nespresso-compatible Medano coffee pods now at www.medanocoffee.com/pods/
Don't have a Nespresso machine? Our Medano Coffee Machine is an affordable and convenient option which is compatible with all Nespresso coffee pods. Shop now at https://www.medanocoffee.com/accessories/medano-coffee-machine
We hope you enjoyed reading our article and found it useful! Time for you to brew some great-tasting coffee :)